Saturday, April 28, 2007

BenRiach 20 Year Old 43%



I have been very impressed with all that has happened at BenRiach since they were taken under the Billy Walker's control. They have done some cracking bottlings - this all from a whisky that actually made me cry! That was an incident with the old blue label bottle - it wasn't a great whisky but it was the fact that I some how missed my my mouth and the whisky ended up in my eye that made me cry!

Anyway enough blethering lets try the whisky.

Nose: Sweet, very sweet. Lots of vanilla and milky bars and a faint coastal note.

Taste: Warming, more sweet creamy notes - but lots of fruit, bursting with tropical fruits.

Finish: A little dry - maybe a little to much cask influence but still good and then the fruits develop.

Comment: I like this a lot - if that dry note wasn't there this would score a few extra points.

Score: 89/100

No comments: