Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ardmore 12yo 100th Anniversary


This whisky was bottled in 1998/99 in time for Ardmore to celebrate its 100th anniversary. This was about the time that I started really getting into whisky and this was always a favourite of mine at the time so when I saw an open bottle I thought that it would be a good idea to try it again properly and see if it was as good as I remembered - or thought I rememered!

Nose: Sweet, slightly meaty - almost a touch sickly but in a good way...hmmm. A hint of peat, citrus and sherried notes.

Taste:
Rich, nice balance between sherry and peat. rich mouth coating with a hint of milk chocolate.

Finish:
Clawing sherry and soft peat smoke lingers for some time with the sherry notes building.

Comment:
So glad I still like this as was worried it wouldn't be as good as I remembered it was. This is a cracker if it was bottled at a higher strength than 40% then it could have been an all time stunner!

Score: 90/100

No comments: