Monday, July 21, 2008

Glenmorangie LaSanta 46%



The new sherry wood finish from Glenmorangie - now know as Extra Matured as alledgedly consumers didn't understand what sherry finish meant! This whisky has been finished in oloroso sherry casks for 2 years. The good news is that it is bottled at 46% ABV and is non-chilfiltred.


Have tried to stay away from the obvious christmas tasting notes that the Santa Claus name suggests.





Nose: Custard creams, but also covered in raisans, maybe some cherries and some chocolate, water makes it drier.





Taste: Thick, you can feel the raisans and creaminess come through, much bigger in the mouthfeel.





Finish: Still a little dry especially with water. But also more cream notes.





Comment: Not a bad dram benefits from being non chilfiltered helps but the dryness lets it down a wee bit. On a session I could drink a lot of this.



For alternative aka better reviews please visit Dr Whisky , Whiskyfun and Whisky Pages.

Score: 88/100

Price Check

Royal Mile Whiskies - £31.50
Loch Fyne Whiskies - £31.90
The Whisky Exchange - £31.49
Single Malts Direct - £29.99

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had some of this at my fathers.

I say i had "some" he was only willing to let me have ONE sip!

Yep, this whiskey is one of his faves!

:)

Anonymous said...

Good info. Lucky me I recently found your website by
accident (stumbleupon). I have saved as a favorite for later!
My web page : taruhan bola pur