Friday, July 22, 2005

Linlithgow 1973 30yo 59.6%



I love Lowland whiskies and Linlithgow is one of my faves so I was very pleased to get the chance to try this the other day.

Nose: Initially sweet, quite spirity, warm fruit pudding. Sweet liquorice with water.
Taste: Spicy lemon, but perhaps a little spirity. Water sooths things down into a nice citrusy zing.
Finish: A little bit thin but nice and pleasant with water which takes the alcohol away. I like it but just lacks a wee bit of the robustness of the Rare malts bottling
Comment: A good wee dram that I really like - I like the lemon and chilli flavours but it is a little bit expensive for what you get. A nice bottle but is it really worth £255.00 a bottle!!!!
Score: 89/100 could have scored more if slightly less spirity


PRICE CHECK
Loch Fyne Whiskies - £239.00
Royal Mile Whiskies - £244.49
The Whisky Exchange -£245.00
Single Malts Direct - Not Listed
The Whisky Shop -Not Listed

No comments: