Monday, June 25, 2007

Strathisla 1967 Duncan Taylor Cask 1894


Was very lucky to be given a sample of this today to try - not everyday you get the opportunity to try a 40yo Single Malt so here goes:
Nose: Sweet, rich touch of rum and softer citrusy notes. Warm oranges!
Taste: Wow, orangey, oily, mouth coating, slim trace of wood this is so full of big lively flavours it almost defies its age bar the faint trace of smoke.
Finish: Slightly nutty, with more big oily fruity flavours coating the taste buds long after this is drunk.
Comment: I had to drink this fairly quickly but would far prefer that I could spend a good evening nursing a few of these - someday maybe I will get a bottle, well I know its only June but I hope Santa Claus is reading this! Great Whisky!
Score: 97/100

No comments: